Groupe Imagi communication Inc. (hereinafter the “Company”) is a privately owned Quebec company operating since 1988. Our mission is to offer our advertising customers and our partners proven transit advertising solutions.
Our objective is to best serve the interests of our clients. As such, we ensure that the Company holds the highest ethical standards when handling your personal information. We are committed to protecting the personal information of our clients. To provide our services, the communication and knowledge of a great deal of personal information about you are required. The protection of your personal information is very important to us, which is why we comply with the most stringent rules governing the protection of personal information.
A great deal of our services require the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, for example your last name, first name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card information, etc. To provide you with services, our team must collect information.
When you supply us with personal information, you accept that this information will be used in accordance with the present Policy and you authorize the Company and its suppliers to use the information for the purposes set out in this Policy.
The Company is the sole entity responsible for the processing of your personal information, unless otherwise specified. The Company determines to what end and in what way the personal information held will be processed.
Collection of Personal Information
During your communications with us, some of your personal information will need to be collected. While providing our services and conducting our business, some information may be collected, such as:
- Contact information: first name, last name, home address, phone number (home, cellular or professional), e-mail address;
- Commercial information: role, title, name of the company or organization, address of the company or organization;
- Billing and financial information: billing information, bank information, payment information;
- Consent: when such consent is required to process your personal information;
- Marketing, communication and website usage preferences: communication preferences, comments and surveys your answer, consent preferences, information collected by cookies, website visits and content consumption, IP address, network information;
- Recruitment information: curriculum vitae, references from previous employers, information about previous employment, professional affiliations; and
- Public information: from social networks or public websites, interactions on social networks.
Most of the information is collected directly from you during our exchanges for the delivery of services, as well as during your visits of our website or your communications with our offices by any means.
Information may also be provided by your employer, organizations, clients, verification service providers, tailored to the information required, in which case you will be asked for explicit and express consent to obtain the desired information from the third party.
Usage of the Personal Information
The personal information is used for the following purposes, as applicable:
- To provide services: including to meet our obligations with current regulations;
- In the context of business relationships: to personalize services provided, to manage and reinforce our relationships with our clients, to establish the will of our customers, to solidify the relationship with our commercial partners;
- To prevent fraud: background checks, disclosures required by law or regulation, transmission of information to law enforcement agencies when required;
- To proceed with collection: to ensure that invoices are paid for services provided;
- As part of a corporate reorganization: as part of a reorganization of the Company, we may have to provide information in the context of a due diligence process undertaken by the other company;
- For the management of suppliers: management of services received from service providers;
- To respect regulations: to satisfy our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations;
- For events, marketing, and business development: to organize events, to inform you of new services offered, to invite you to events you may be interested in;
- To recruit: to allow us to analyze a submitted application and the skills of the applicant, to enable the recruitment process to function;
- For website usage: to ensure that the online content is relevant, the ways in which visitors use the website, and to ensure that the presentation of the content is functional regardless of the method used to consume it.
Sharing of This Information
Personal information we collect may be shared, in particular with the parties identified hereafter. Personal information that is shared will only be shared to attain the principal and legitimate objectives for which they were collected, or for reasons compatible with these objectives. Only necessary information will be shared:
- To our service providers: these may include our IT, housekeeping, accommodations, and others. They may have access to personal information or may be required to process it, depending on the services provided. The information provided to them are those strictly necessary to fulfill their contractual obligations. Each of these service providers has agreed, in writing, to respect the confidentiality of the information received or encountered;
- To government authorities or law enforcement: this may arise from laws that require the disclosure of certain information, if such disclosure is required by law or if the disclosure is made in good faith to comply with a legal requirement or in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant or to cooperate with government authorities or law enforcement entities;
- To the Company’s purchaser or assignee: when required as part of a reorganization of the Company’s activities, for any merger, acquisition, financing, sale of assets, insolvency, bankruptcy, for which this personal information could be considered a business asset.
Storage of Personal Information
Personal information is stored in accordance with storage rules and for as long as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, as well as the obligations set out in this Policy. Files are kept for a period of 7 years or as long as required by our business relationship.
Protection of Personal Information
Your personal information is protected in accordance with applicable regulations, in particular by physical, technical and administrative safeguards that limit the risk of unauthorized access to your personal information. Your information is therefore protected against theft, accidental loss or destruction, unauthorized use or access, modification, or any other prohibited processing of personal information.
As such, only those employees with a need to know, or whose duties require them to know, have access to the information. All employees are bound by an obligation of confidentiality.
Your data is always stored in Canada. The regulations in force for data protection are those of the place where the data is hosted. Obligations are therefore those set out in the laws and regulations in force in Canada regarding the protection of personal information. Our practices are governed by this Policy and the laws governing it.
Please be advised, however, that no communication of personal information over the Internet and no electronic storage is 100% secure. The Company cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted in this manner, and you accept this at your own risk. The Company also cannot guarantee that such personal information will not be accessed, destroyed, modified, or disclosed despite the safeguards in place.
Rights of the Individual to Whom the Personal Information Relates
In accordance with the laws and regulations in effect regarding the protection of personal information, if the Company holds personal information about you, you have rights with respect to your personal information. To exercise your rights, please refer to the “Contact us” section for contact information of the Company’s Privacy Officer.
In accordance with the rules and regulations in effect, you have the following rights:
- Access: you may request access to the personal information we hold about you. Upon receipt of your request for access to information, the Company’s Privacy Officer will review the personal information held and send you a copy of the information held, subject to applicable laws and payment of the appropriate fee;
- Accuracy: current legal obligations require us to take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- Rectification: you have the right to request that any information about you that is inaccurate or incomplete be rectified.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites which are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for these other websites or the privacy practices of third parties. We encourage you to be careful when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each website that may collect personal information.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, if you wish to exercise your rights regarding your personal information, if you wish to file a request for access to information, or if you wish to file a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer at the following address:
Our website, its content and this Policy may be modified in the future, without prior notice. We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you visit our website to stay informed of our treatment of personal information.
This Policy was last updated in September 2023.